[Rd] unnecessary braces?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Aug 18 12:46:15 CEST 2009

On 17/08/2009 6:03 PM, Ben Bolker wrote:
 >   the version 2 parser thinks I have unnecessary braces,
 > but I can't find any.  False positive or am I missing
 > something?  If a false positive, is there any way to
 > work around the warning?

The problem is that % in Rd is different than % in LaTeX:  it causes a
break.  So the comment you have at the end of the first arg to \deqn
causes the parser to think you have a one argument version of it,
followed by an unnecessarily braced bit of text.

To fix it, change the two lines

{\mbox{Beta}(\theta(1-p),\theta p)}}%
{p(x) = %

{\mbox{Beta}(\theta(1-p),\theta p)}%