[Rd] Package-level access to Rp->R_Quiet ?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Aug 14 04:53:24 CEST 2009

I would like to simulate the effect of the command-line option --quiet from
user-level scripts and startup code.  From src/main/CommandLineArgs.c I learn
that Rp->R_Quiet is set, and I see how that is used in main/main.c.

I would use this from code in Rprofile.site. In other words, I want to be
silent when --quiet is used (as e.g. by littler or Rscript) but not by R
itself in normal interactive mode or from ESS.

But it seems that I cannot get to this variable outside of the main
interpreter.  Could this symbol be exported?

Dirk