[Rd] CMD check error (bug?)

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Thu Aug 13 22:54:59 CEST 2009

R version 2.9.0 running on Centos (Red Hat linux).

I have a pair of packages coxme and bdsmatrix.  The latter is installed
in my local library (I don't have permission for global install at
work.)  That is, it is in the location pointed to in R_LIBS_USER. In R,
the command library(bdsmatrix) works fine.

Coxme depends on bdsmatrix, in fact uses some cross-calls to it's C
routines, which have been exported using the R_RegisterCCallable
function.  All works as expected: modules load, tests succeed.

Running R CMD check fails however,

tmt703% R CMD check coxme
* checking for working pdflatex ... OK
* using log directory
'/people/biostat2/therneau/research/surv/Rforge/pkg/coxme.Rcheck'
* using R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17)
* using session charset: UTF-8
* checking for file 'coxme/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* this is package 'coxme' version '1.0'
* checking package name space information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... ERROR
Packages required but not available:
  bsdmatrix

 Is this an oversight in the check routine?

Terry T.