[Rd] Inaccurate complex arithmetic of R (Matlab is accurate)

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Wed Aug 5 05:20:14 CEST 2009

Dear John,

Thank you.

I am amazed at the insightful responses of people in the R-devel group and even more so amazed at the rapdity with which the R core group and other knowledgeable R folks respond to and fix the problems.

Big thanks to Martin Becker, Ash Richardson, Duncan Murdoch and Martin Maechler!

My frustration was only due to my impatience in having to wait a few days (!) to experiment with this marvellous idea of analytic continuation for computing numerical derivatives that are "exact", but with only minimal computation.

Best regards,
Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,