[Rd] [Fwd: problems installing rjags | tcltk]

egc cooch17 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 30 18:00:05 CEST 2009

Quick followup. Confirmed that TCl/Tk are both installed on the machine
(they are, in both 32- and 64-bit flavours), as are all tcl and
tk-related libs, devel packages, and about everything else I could find.

It occurred to me that perhaps the R I compiled isn't 'tcltk' aware. I
checked the config.log, and there is some hint that this might be the
case. Just before ## File substitutions ## I see

use_tcltk='no'

Further upstream in the config.log, I see

configure:42914: checking for tcl.h
conftest.c:204:17: error: tcl.h: No such file or directory

and

ac_cv_env_TCLTK_CPPFLAGS_set=
ac_cv_env_TCLTK_CPPFLAGS_value=
ac_cv_env_TCLTK_LIBS_set=
ac_cv_env_TCLTK_LIBS_value=

and

r_cv_header_tcl_h=no

and

TCLTK_CPPFLAGS=''
TCLTK_LIBS=''
TCL_CONFIG=''

So, it seems as if my self-rolled R isn't  TCLTK 'aware'. Is simply adding

--with-tcltk

to my configure call (i.e.,

./configure --with-lapack="-L/usr/lib64"
--with-blas="-L/opt/acml4.2.0/gfortran64/lib -lacml" --with-tcltk

the solution? I figure worth asking before I literally 'start over'. I
see from the manual for linux installs there may be some issues with
playing nice if both 32- and 64-bit versions of Tcl/Tk are installed.