[Rd] Closed-source non-free ParallelR ?

Friedrich Leisch friedrich.leisch at stat.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Apr 23 19:41:00 CEST 2009

[...]

  > Could someone from the R Foundation or the FSF step in and clarify the
  > situation please ?

Just a short clarification (by no means intended to stop the thread):
as you can imagine we are discussing the matter internally in R Core
and the Foundation, but there are different views and we want to
consolidate before we make a public statement.  If all of us were of
the same opinion we would already have made one.

Unfortunately New Zealand, Europe and the US are in quite different
time zones, hence discussions by email take some time.

Best regards,
Fritz Leisch

Prof. Dr. Friedrich Leisch

Institut für Statistik                          Tel: (+49 89) 2180 3165
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität                  Fax: (+49 89) 2180 5308
Ludwigstraße 33
D-80539 München                     http://www.statistik.lmu.de/~leisch