[Rd] RFC: Ability to suppress 'locale' from sessionInfo

Kasper Daniel Hansen khansen at stat.berkeley.edu
Wed Apr 22 21:49:05 CEST 2009

This is a better way, it does two things
a) enclose the itemize environment in a flushleft environment - this
gives us much better line breaks for the verb.
b) does a replace of ";" with ";| \verb|" so that each "component" of
the locale gets enclosed in its own \verb command, which allows latex
to produce line breaks (since I am using gsub, I do gsub(";", ";| \\\
\verb", object$locale))

Below is a proposed utils:::toLatex.sessionInfo

I think it might make sense to have a locale argument, but I would
argue that the default ought to be TRUE.

Kasper

function (object, ...)
{
     opkgver <- sapply(object$otherPkgs, function(x) x$Version)
     nspkgver <- sapply(object$loadedOnly, function(x) x$Version)
     z <- c("\\begin{flushleft}", "\\begin{itemize}", paste("  \\item
", object$R.version$version.string,
         ", \\verb|", object$R.version$platform, "|", sep = ""),
         paste("  \\item Locale: \\verb|", gsub(";", ";| \\\\verb|",
object$locale), "|",
             sep = ""), strwrap(paste("\\item Base packages:",
             paste(sort(object$basePkgs), collapse = ", ")), indent = 2,
             exdent = 4))
     if (length(opkgver)) {
         opkgver <- opkgver[sort(names(opkgver))]
         z <- c(z, strwrap(paste("  \\item Other packages: ",
             paste(names(opkgver), opkgver, sep = "~", collapse = ",
")),
             indent = 2, exdent = 4))
     }
     if (length(nspkgver)) {
         nspkgver <- nspkgver[sort(names(nspkgver))]
         z <- c(z, strwrap(paste("  \\item Loaded via a namespace (and
not attached): ",
             paste(names(nspkgver), nspkgver, sep = "~", collapse = ",
")),
             indent = 2, exdent = 4))
     }
     z <- c(z, "\\end{itemize}", "\\end{flushleft}")
     class(z) <- "Latex"
}