[Rd] build-aux missing in 2.9.0 packages (PR#13668)

michael.m.spiegel at gmail.com michael.m.spiegel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 20:35:14 CEST 2009

Full_Name: Michael Spiegel
Version: 2.9.0
OS: linux
Submission from: (NULL) (128.143.137.189)

I think something was changed in the handling of the build-aux directory when
installing R packages.  The directory is no longer copied into the installation
directory.  I believe it was not on the list "approved" directories that are
copied into the install directory, so perhaps the better location for build-aux
is actually in inst/build-aux.  However, when I try that then inst/build-aux is
NOT copied into the installation directory.  If I try renaming inst/build-aux to
any other name (inst/config-aux), then the directory is copied over.  It appears
as if build-aux is not special enough to be copied over to the installation
directory, but too special for it to live in the /inst directory.  A consistent
strategy is preferable.