[Rd] R CMD check dislikes .git directories

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Apr 22 03:53:15 CEST 2009

On 21/04/2009 9:32 PM, hadley wickham wrote:
>> Okay, that helps.  I don't think the problem is git versus svn, it's that
>> you've got executable files in a directory where check shouldn't be looking.
>>  I don't think .Rbuildignore would help you.
>>
>> I'll pass this on as a bug...
>
> I've complained about this in the past, and I was told that "good
> practice" was to run R CMD check on the file created by R CMD build.

That's true, and it would solve the problem, which may be why it hasn't
been a high enough priority to fix.  I won't fix it:  check is written
in Perl, and I don't know Perl well enough to want to mess with it.  But
maybe a second complaint about it will motivate someone who does know
Perl to put together a fix.

Duncan Murdoch