[Rd] wish list: automatic package installation

Hiroyuki Kawakatsu hkawakat at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 13:40:56 CEST 2009

Hi,

Apologies for using this thread for something that is only
tangentially related.

Is there a mechanism in R to ensure that the configure.args used to
build R is also used when installing packages? If not, I would like to
add this as wish (perhaps we can grab this info from config.log?) At
the moment, I add the line

options(configure.args="...")

in my .Rprofile and install.packages() would use them. However, if I
change these when building R, I need to remember to change my
.Rprofile as well.

h.

--
+---