[Rd] R in standalone application

Eric jafa82 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 04:50:08 CEST 2009

I am trying to build a C application where I need to compute some
statistics to take decisions about the direction to give to a user,
knowing his/her habits. Because I used R back at school, I thought I can
use some of his functions in my application,  as a shared library. I
reviewed the "Rinternals" and "R extensions"  documents, and decided to
give a try to the REmbedded.c file. Compilation and linking went well.
But the execution failed with a "Fatal error: R home directory is not
defined". Does it mean that R has to to be distributed with my
application or, did I miss something in my readings ? If that is of any
importance, I am working on unix but aim for full portability (i.e
Windows too)

Thanks for any assistance.