[Rd] package config file for windows

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sun Sep 14 14:41:40 CEST 2008

On 14/09/2008 5:26 AM, Christophe Dutang wrote:
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> You confirm what I fear, it is not easily possible to test for SSE2
> support on windows.

> Can I assume there exists inttypes.h on windows platform?

I think you misunderstood.  The test scripts produced by autoconf won't
necessarily work on Windows, but it's still worth trying.  Just extract
the tests for SSE2 and inttypes.h from your script on some other
platform, and adapt them to Windows.  They can probably be shortened,
because there's less variability.

You can count on Windows using gcc 4.x for current and future versions,
probably until 5.x becomes commonly used.  I don't know if inttypes.h is
guaranteed in all of those, but it is currently present.

Duncan Murdoch