[Rd] Request for consideration of small change to R documentation file names

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Thu Sep 4 17:27:52 CEST 2008

I hesitate to spend R-core's time with such a small request, but here goes.

On the Manuals page of CRAN one can  download the primary R
documentation in PDF format. All of the files but one have names
beginning with "R-". The exception is the R Reference Index
(fullrefman.pdf). This means that after downloading, all of the files
but one appear together in a directory listing. It would be
convenient if *all* of them appeared together.

Hence, I'm requesting that R-core consider changing the name
"fullrefman.pdf" to "R-fullrefman.pdf".

In the interest of saving time, I don't need an email response to
this request. The decision will become apparent next time I download
the documentation, which I do after every update to R.

Thank you,
-Don
--
Don MacQueen