[Rd] Small modification of zip.file.extract in utils?

Jon Olav Skoien j.skoien at geo.uu.nl
Thu Oct 30 20:08:27 CET 2008

Dear list,

I needed to extract a zip-archive, and found zip.file.extract in utils.
My only problem was the use of tempdir(), since I wanted to permanently
extract the archive at a fixed location for later use. My own fix was
simple, adding an extra parameter zipdir (without default), and within
the function change
tmpd <- tempdir()
tmpd = ifelse(missing(zipdir),tempdir(),zipdir)

This modification could maybe be useful also for other users, unless
there are some problems I am not aware of?

Cheers,
Jon