[Rd] 2.8.0 release bugs (PR#13210)

maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Oct 28 15:30:09 CET 2008

Dear Janek,

    jm> Dear colleagues, Using the last release 2.8.0 I had (for
    jm> the first time since working with R) the difficulties in
    jm> transmission of some Central European letters (=B9=F0=
    jm> =E8=E6=BE) from R editor to the console and graphic
    jm> window. They appear correctly in commands in R editor
    jm> window, yet after executing ctrl R, they have been
    jm> transformed to other codes or blanks (in console and
    jm> graph devices).=20=20

    jm> No such troubles have ever met using previous
    jm> releases. How this can be explained?

I think it might be explainable (not by me though)
once you provide more details, notably the output of

   sessionInfo()

    jm> Thanks in advance,
    jm> Janek Musek

Regards,