[Rd] error: C stack usage is too close to the limit.

jeroenooms j.c.l.ooms at uu.nl
Tue May 27 21:20:26 CEST 2008

I am trying to set up a RApache server on my Ubuntu 8.04. I have installed
apache2, R-2.7.0, and the RApache plugin. Both Apache and R seem to work
fine, but whenever i try to use the plugin i get this error: C stack usage
is too close to the limit.

I have tried to recompile apache2, R, and RApache, but i keep getting the
error. The weird thing is, i had exactly the same problem when i installed
RApache on my Debian box, but somehow that suddenly dissapeared and now it
is working fine. However, i cant resolve the error on my Ubuntu machine. I
have mailed the author of RApache, and he told me he thought that he
actually had "turned off" c stack checking in RApache. He couldnt find the
cause of any problems in my logs.

I realise probably not a lot of people are using RApache, but the error
seems more familiar in R when you google it. Unfortunatly i have no idea
what it means. Any suggestions in which direction i should look for a
solution?

http://www.nabble.com/file/p17498015/2hdw8eo.png