[Rd] make.packages.html

Jonathan Baron baron at psych.upenn.edu
Tue May 27 01:23:18 CEST 2008

It used to be that, whenever I added or updated a new package, the
file /usr/lib/R/doc/html/packages.html would be updated (on Linux).
Now I find that this does not happen anymore.  So I found this
function make.packages.html, which seems to do what I think should be
done automatically.  But it puts its output in a file in /tmp/...,
which I then have to move, in an extra step, to where it should be.  I
don't understand why this happens.  I think that the old behavior was
better.

I have two reasons for this.  First, my R page (finzi.psych.upenn.edu)
has a list of all packages.  As it happens, since this change has
occurred, it has been out of date, until today.  Second, for my own
use, I have a Firefox bookmark to
file:/usr/lib/R/doc/html/packages.html, which was also out of date.

I don't subscribe to r-devel, so, in case this gets posted, please use
group reply.

Jon
Home page: http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~baron