[Rd] seeing an S4 method, not using it

Thibaut Jombart jombart at biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr
Sat May 24 16:05:00 CEST 2008

Dear Martin,

thank you for your answer. My question is indeed the same as:

http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/e2/devel/07/09/4469.html

Sorry for missing it.

 > The short answer seems to be that this is fixed in the devel
 > implementation of S4 (at least, my effort at reproducing this was
 > successful in 2.7 but not R version 2.8.0 Under development (unstable)
 > (2008-05-22 r45762)).

I just tried with the current devel version:
R version 2.8.0 Under development (unstable) (2008-05-23 r45768)
i686-pc-linux-gnu

and the problem still occured.
I also read the answers to you previously-cited post. I too believe it
is still better not to load the package automatically than loading it
with undesired side-effects. Maybe a word about this issue would be
useful in the manpage of 'show'?

Best,

Thibaut.
######################################
Thibaut JOMBART
CNRS UMR 5558 - Laboratoire de Biométrie et Biologie Evolutive
Universite Lyon 1
43 bd du 11 novembre 1918
69622 Villeurbanne Cedex
Tél. : 04.72.43.29.35