[Rd] image (PR#11493)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 22 09:22:42 CEST 2008

The effect Duncan's picture shows is typical of using anti-aliasing for
rectangles and polygons.  The cairo-based devices have it turned off for
filled regions, as it seems to have no advantage for R uses of such
regions.  (You also see it with some on-screen renderers of postscript or
pdf versions of this plot, e.g. those based on ghostscript.)

However, this does not match the original report, so I think we need a
reproducible example (with screenshot) from Joseph Scandura to make any
further progress.