[Rd] \S4method in combination with "[" and "[<-"

Matthias Kohl Matthias.Kohl at stamats.de
Wed May 21 10:23:44 CEST 2008

Dear developers,

We want to use "\S4method" to document new S4-methods for "[" and "[<-".
We use this for other functions/methods and it works without any
problem, but in case of "[" and "[<-" we didn't manage to bring this to
work.

The problem occurs in the development version of our package "distrSim"
which can be found under http://r-forge.r-project.org/R/?group_id=87.

The warning we obtain is

Bad \usage lines found in documentation object 'Subsetting-methods':
  \S4method{[}{SeqDataFrames}(x, i, j, k, drop = FALSE)
  \S4method{[<-}{SeqDataFrames}(x, i, j, k, value)

Of course, we tried several different possibilities but with no success.

Does someone know a package which shows a use case for this situation? I
looked in several packages but could not found any.

Thanks for your help!
Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Kohl