[Rd] quartz identify bug (PR#11491)

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Tue May 20 19:21:04 CEST 2008

On May 20, 2008, at 9:30 AM, olivier at statisticien.fr wrote:

> Full_Name: olivier
> Version: 2.7.0
> OS: mac os 10.5.2
> Submission from: (NULL) (
> Identify function does not work properly.
> Esc button does not stop the process and R crashes.

Can you send a reproducible example of the crash (exactly the code +
how are you running R) and the crash report, please? I'm not able to
reproduce any crash.

As for terminating the identify, use <Ctrl>+<Click> (Mac equivalent of
second mouse button). <Esc> doesn't do anything in a Quartz device in
R 2.7.0. I'll update the documentation correspondingly, thanks for the

> On qqplots graphic, identify() does not find any points.

Again - without an exact example it's impossible to tell whether it's
a user error or something real.

> It is a serious problem, I can't identify points without crashing R
> now.
> PS : Identify does not work on multiple graphics (par(mfrow=c(2,2))

How could it? That makes no sense (do you really know how what
identify does? I'd suggest you read the help page.).