[Rd] schoolmath (PR#11488)

w.gray at vanderbilt.edu w.gray at vanderbilt.edu
Mon May 19 22:05:11 CEST 2008

Full_Name: Will Gray
Version: 2.7.0
OS: GNU/Linux (Debian)
Submission from: (NULL) (160.129.18.69)

The schoolmath package has several inaccuracies in it.  Here is just a sample of
some ways to get prime numbers between 1,000,000 and 1,000,100.  Each method
returns a different set and each result contains non-primes.

data(primlist)
(a <- primlist[primlist > 1000000 & primlist < 1000100])
(b <- is.prim(a))
which(!b)
(c <- primes(1000000,1000100))
(d <- is.prim(c))
which(!d)

Even the example for the function 'primes' gives some bad results.

example(primes) -> x
(y <- is.prim(x$value))
which(!y)

I've tried contacting the maintainer(s) to let them know, but have not received
a reply.  In the meantime, I suggest this package be removed from CRAN.