[Rd] Advice on compiling R using Intel Compilers? Btw: -c99 is deprecated

Bjørn-Helge Mevik b.h.mevik at usit.uio.no
Tue May 13 14:21:34 CEST 2008

"Joris @ VU" <jsnel at few.vu.nl> writes:

> 4: ./configure --enable-R-shlib
[...]
> 2) Did I setup my config.site right for my system (assuming I want to
> use Intel's MKL using Shared-BLAS), is it suboptimal or plain wrong?
> And how can I easily test this?

I don't think configure will use the external BLAS/LAPACK libraries
without supplying --with-blas=something --with-lapack=someotherthing.
As I understand, if BLAS/LAPACK is not listed in the " External
libraries:" line of the configure output, make will use R's own
BLAS/LAPACK.  (You can also check with ldd R-2.7.0/lib/libR.so after
make.)

--
B/H