[Rd] a R_PV problem

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 6 15:00:10 CEST 2008

>From the C code:

/* Ditto, but only for objects, for use in debugging */

so R_PV only prints for 'objects' (that is those with an S3 class, and if
properly formed, those with an S4 class).  I doubt a set of names has a
class: to print those, use Rf_PrintValue.

I am not sure why one would want to confine attention to 'objects', but
the code has been that way 'for ever' (8 years).