[Rd] Is there any way to find out how a certain functions are implemented in R?

Mon May 5 22:56:04 CEST 2008

This comment won't help you much, but still... there are usually a lot
of ways you can do to implement a bootstrap, and a lot of the
approaches people use (especially if they are used to think in C-like
terms) are pretty slow. But it can be made quite fast. So: are you
sure you have optimized it? You could try profiling. Have you looked
at the boot library?

Kasper