[Rd] troubles with R CMD check and examples under Ubuntu gutsy

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Mon May 5 14:32:05 CEST 2008

> I would suggest the following:
>
> 1) remove the directore pgirmess.Rcheck
> 2) run `R CMD check pgirmess' and see if the error occurs again
> 3) look at pgirmess.Rcheck/pgirmess/R.  Does it contain the three files
>    that I mentioned or the original source files.  If the latter,
> check whether PermTest.R is in that directory and whether it really
> contains the commands that define that function.  If the former, start
> an R session and issue the following commands:
>
> R> env <- new.env()
> R> lazyLoad("/path/to/pgirmess.Rcheck/pgirmess/R/pgirmess", envir=env)
> R> ls(envir=env)
>
> Make sure to replace the /path/to part above with the correct path.  Do
> you see the PermTest function listed?
>
> This should establish whether the file that contains the PermTest
> function is part of the sources that you believe make up your package
> source.  At the moment, I am leaning towards agreeing with Brian that
> the most likely reason for your problem is that the PermTest function
> got lost from your sources and is not installed.

So I did actually removing everything (on Prof. Ripley's advise) and
restarting from the version downloaded from CRAN (the one I sent
yesterday to Kurt Hornik !!!)... And he does work !!!! Arrrrgh.... and
all those sort of things...

A least now I know the trouble does not come from Ubuntu but likely from
the way I copied files created under Windows to Linux. Maybe more than a
clue...

Sorry to have taken time from you both for so few (I was really messing
on the wrong tracks) and heartly thanks,

Patrick