[Rd] troubles with R CMD check and examples under Ubuntu gutsy

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Mon May 5 07:02:23 CEST 2008

Dear listers,

I was used to package pgirmess under Windows with everything OK, but,
for the first time, I had a trial this afternoon on Ubuntu 7.10 gutsy (I
have a double boot computer and work more and more under unix) and R
2.7.0. Everything went OK except this:

sudo R CMD check pgirmess

* checking examples ... ERROR
Running examples in 'pgirmess-Ex.R' failed.
The error most likely occurred in:

 > ### * PermTest
 >
 > flush(stderr()); flush(stdout())
 >
 > ### Name: PermTest
 > ### Title: Permutation test for lm, lme and glm (binomial and Poisson)
 > ###   objects
 > ### Aliases: PermTest PermTest.lm PermTest.lme PermTest.glm
print.PermTest

 > ### ** Examples
 >
 > library(MASS)
 > mylm<-lm(Postwt~Prewt,data=anorexia)
 > PermTest(mylm,B=250)
Error: could not find function "PermTest"
Execution halted

If I run R CMD check --no-examples pgirmess, everything comes OK. Seems
again that this check makes problem. I googled a bit on R-devel but did
not find any understandable post on that...

Any idea about what happens ? (please consider if I can write some lines
and build a package, I am *not* an advanced fellow in matter of
packaging... and just know something about running the commands 'R CMD
check' and R CMD build...)

Thanks in advance,

Patrick