[Rd] X11cairo with antialias="none" buggy under MacOS?

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de
Thu May 1 15:07:13 CEST 2008

On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 01:00:24PM +0100, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On Thu, 1 May 2008, Joerg van den Hoff wrote:
>

> >using
> >
> >X11(antialias="none")
> >plot(1:10)
> >
> >produces an incomplete plot with 2.7.0. under
> >MacOS 10.4.11: both y-axes are missing.the
> >y-ticks (except the tick at `2' wich  is missing)
> >including labels are there.
> >
> >this happens with  a 1280x854 labtop monitor.
> >
> >is this known behaviour/a cairo bug?
>
> A feature.  Think about what the help page says about line widths.

you are revering to

*  Line widths in 1/96 inch, minimum one pixel for 'type =
   "Xlib"', 0.01 otherwise.

from the `X11' manpage, right?

in what respect is line width below 1 pixel a feature for
a screen device? I see that there are new devices `cairo_pdf'
and `cairo_ps' but when using

X11(antialias="none")

I obviously am going to plot to the screen device. where
a line width below one pixel does'nt make sense to me.

what am I missing?