[Rd] cpu usage high with windows change dir / winDialogString (PR#11045)

Sean O'Riordain seanpor at acm.org
Sat Mar 29 18:42:15 CET 2008

I did a few other places where askstring() is used, e.g. Help /
apropos... and friends.

No problem Duncan if you decide not to fix.  It's one of those "it'd
be nice if it was fixed - but it's not a problem if it doesn't"
bugs... :-)  and now that I have a modern (i.e. 5 year old Linux
machine) at home I'm no longer reliant on the ancient laptop for
everyday use!

All the best,
Sean