[Rd] Problem with Makefile.win and environment variable

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Fri Mar 21 14:47:18 CET 2008

Dear all,

When porting my package to WinXP I have the following problem:
I need to create an environment variable "MYVAR=c:\mypath" which I have
saved in the control panel "System->My Computer" (under the `Advanced' tab).

I have two files which need to access MYVAR: config.win, Makefile.win

While "config.win" does recognize MYVAR correctly, "Makefile.win" is not
able to recognize MYVAR, when I do:
"R CMD INSTALL mypkg".
I need to add the line "MYVAR=C:\\mypath" to "Makefile.win" for "R CMD
INSTALL" to work.

Interestingly, when I "cd ./src" and call from the DOS command line:
"NMAKE /f "Makefile.win" CFG="Release"
then "Makefile.win" does recognize MYVAR correctly.

Do you know what I need to do so that "Makefile.win" recognizes MYVAR?

P.S.: If you think that this is the wrong mailing list for these type of
questions please let me know which mailinglist I should contact.

Best regards
Christian
C.h.i.s.t.i.a.n S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a
V.i.e.n.n.a       A.u.s.t.r.i.a