[Rd] Google summer of Code

friedrich.leisch at stat.uni-muenchen.de friedrich.leisch at stat.uni-muenchen.de
Tue Mar 18 11:39:09 CET 2008

As you may have noticed from a previous email the R Foundation has been
accepted as a mentoring organization for the Google Summer of Code 2008,
see

  http://code.google.com/soc/2008/

for general information and

  http://www.r-project.org/SoC08/index.html

for our ideas page (which is still evolving a little bit). The R
Foundation has not acted as a mentoring organization before, so everything
is a little bit experimental for us (some R developers have participated
before through other organizations).

This email is mainly meant to inform you about the fact that we are in and
encourage you to pass on the information to talented students who may want
to participate (accepted students get a stipend of USD 4500 from Google
when they successfully finish the project).

Best,
Fritz Leisch