[Rd] how to install header files in package

Kjell Konis kjell.konis at epfl.ch
Fri Jun 13 17:54:14 CEST 2008

Here's what I'm doing: I define some C functions in pkgA and register
them with R_RegisterCCallable and I want to use them in pkgB. When
building pkgB, R CMD INSTALL expects to find the header files for the
registered C functions in pkgA*/include (where the * denotes the
installed version of pkgA). AFAICT there is no mechanism to put the
header files from pkgA into pkgA*/include.

Putting the header files in pkgA/inst/include solves the problem but
it seems like there should be a better way to do this.

Kjell