[Rd] Request: Documentation of formulae

Mike Prager mike.prager at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 2 22:29:16 CEST 2008

Mike Prager <mike.prager at noaa.gov> wrote:

> I was at a loss to understand the use of "/" until I looked in
> "An Introduction [!] to R," where I found the explanation.
>
> My request is that more complete material on model formulae be
> lifted from "Introduction to R" (or elsewhere) and put into the
> main online help files.

I also request the R Core consider remaining "An Introduction to
R" to something like "R User's Guide." It spans 100 pages and
treats many topics far beyond the introductory level. I was
surprised at the wealth of information it contains, and I expect
that I would have checked it first, not last, among available
resources had it been more accurately named.

--
Mike Prager, NOAA, Beaufort, NC