[Rd] Data editor duplicates pairs of backslashes (PR#11897)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Jul 2 18:59:26 CEST 2008

On 7/2/2008 10:05 AM, mtt2108 at columbia.edu wrote:
> Full_Name: Magnus Torfason
> Version: 2.7.0
> OS: Windows Vista
> Submission from: (NULL) (128.59.140.167)
>

> Each time a string is edited in the data editor (on Windows at least), any pairs
> of backslashes (an escaped backslash) are duplicated on each edit of the string.
> Note that one must actually double click the value for the bug to show up.
>
> Behavior/Replication:
>
>> # Create data frame
>> d=data.frame(a="\\")
>> # Edit data frame, and while editing, double click
>> # value several times to edit (selecting something
>> # different between each doubleclick)
>> d=edit(d)

Thanks for the report, I can reproduce it in 2.7.1 and R-devel, on Linux
as well as Windows.

I think we really do want the double backslash to be displayed, so that
what you are working on in the editor can contain escape sequences; the
bug is that they are being treated literally after the edit.

I'll see if I can fix it.

Duncan Murdoch