[Rd] Standard method for S4 object

Katharine Mullen kate at few.vu.nl
Sun Feb 24 19:00:58 CET 2008

I don't know of any  '"non official list" of what method a new S4 object
should have' - such a list would have to depend on what the object
represents.  If it represents the output of fitting a model, then methods
for 'residuals', 'fitted' and 'coefficients' would probably be nice.

Also, out of curiosity, what do your methods for `get' and `set' for each
slot look like?  Is there any advantage to using such methods over using

slot(objectOfYourClass, "aSlotName") # for get, and
slot(objectOfYourClass, "aSlotName") <- aValue # for set