[Rd] crash in library(gbm) was: Rscript temp file

Vadim Organovich vogranovich at jumptrading.com
Sat Feb 16 00:37:26 CET 2008

The crashes turned out to have nothing to do with the temp files. They seem to be caused by loading library(gbm). That is when many R sessions nearly simultaneously load the library R crashes with the message "The instruction at '0x63422398' referenced memory at '0x63422398'. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of '0xc000020c'".

Does anyone have an idea what that might mean?

I am not able to reproduce it in controlled environment. This is Windows.

Thanks,
Vadim