[Rd] dir.create in 2.7.0dev (PR#10765)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 23:27:12 CET 2008

1) You were expressly asked not to use R-bugs for unreleased versions of
R. See e.g. http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rdevel.html

2) This does work, but at the moment you have to use Windows ("\\") file
separators.

You really shouldn't expect all the convenience features to be working in
development versions of R which are well off release.  A note to R-devel
that you missed something is fine: to misuse R-bugs is 'unkind'.

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008, dominik.locher at bondsearch.ch wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have some problems to create severeal directories at the same time
>
> dir2 = "C:/00test000/test/test1"
> dir.create(dir2, showWarnings = TRUE, recursive = TRUE)

And without knowing what existed before, this is not reproducible.