[Rd] Uninstall registry key the same for all versions (PR#10746)

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 12 18:45:02 CET 2008

This is a beautiful example on how an added feature matures into a bug
over time :)

I let the Windows developers argue with the pro's and con's of your
suggestion.  I just wanna add a related suggestion that when you have
multiple installations and you run "Unistall R 2.6.0" the first dialog
('R for Windows Uninstall') you see says "Are you sure you want to
completely remove R for Windows and all of its components?"  This
message does not specify the version being uninstalled, so without
previous experience you certainly wonder if this is going to install
all of your R installations or just one.

My $0.02

/Henrik