[Rd] any suggestions to deal with 'Argument list too long' for a R CMD check?

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 23:19:01 CET 2008

Thanks for the suggestion.  this package was building successfully
until I split it up into smaller files.

(there are 4489 files in the src directory)

I suspect it's a hard limit in the linux kernel.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/6060

since R CMD check is generating the actual commands that are passed to
bash, it's a little out of my control (unless I write my own config
script, which I do not want to do).

-Whit