[Rd] Can the file locking in filehash be reused? (Was: Re: [R] [R-pkgs] filehash 2.0)

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Thu Aug 28 19:19:37 CEST 2008

Hi (Roger),

I saw the announcement of filehash v2.0 and the sentence "This
development has lead to better file locking for concurrent access and
faster reading and writing of data in general" caught my attention.
What kind of file locking do you refer to here?

I am looking for a mechanism that can be used to lock files for
reading and/or writing, and I'd love to have a cross platform
solution. Your package is available on "all" platforms - is your file
locking mechanism too?  Is there an internal API that could be
resused?

Cheers

Henrik