[Rd] R CMD check problem

Giles Hooker gjh27 at cornell.edu
Fri Aug 22 17:21:46 CEST 2008

I have a query after finding an error running Rtools on a Windows machine.

I am trying to build an update to the R fda library using Rtools27 under
Windows XP Pro. This is the current fda library on RForge:

Following R CMD build,  R CMD check produces the following error in

installing R.css in F:/work/RForge/fda.Rcheck

make: *** [Rcode0] Error 53
make[2]: *** [zzzfirst] Error 53
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [pkg-fda] Error 2
*** Installation of fda failed ***

Removing 'F:/work/RForge/fda.Rcheck/fda'

Any idea what the problem could be? Note the same procedure runs
successfully on two other windows machines. For reference, the PATH
environment variable is:

C:\Program Files\SSH Communications Security\SSH Secure
Shell;C:\cygwin\bin;C:\Program Files\R\R-2.7.1\bin

The PATH System variable is:

%GTK_BASEPATH%\bin;C:\Program Files\MiKTeX
files\ati technologies\ati control panel;C:\Program
Files\MATLAB\R2006a\bin\win32;C:\Program Files\ggobi;C:\Program

Many thanks,

Giles Hooker
Assistant Professor:

Department of Biological Statistics and Computational Biology
Department of Statistical Science
1186 Comstock Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY, 14853