[Rd] cryptic message of R CMD check

Dr. Peter Ruckdeschel peter.ruckdeschel at itwm.fraunhofer.de
Thu Aug 14 14:33:51 CEST 2008

Hi R-devels,

recently, we have seen a new warning by "R CMD check"
appearing for the devel-version of our package distrEx available on
 r-forge, e.g. as

*|install.packages("/distrEx/",repos="http://r-forge.r-project.org")|*

Here is the warning:

%---------------------
[...snip ...]

* checking for unstated dependencies in R code ... WARNING
.get_S4_methods_list(): *did* reduce list, dropping

See the information on DESCRIPTION files in the chapter 'Creating R
packages' of the 'Writing R Extensions' manual.

[...snip ...]
%-----------------------

We get the same warning under Linux and Windows (if this helps).

Unfortunately, we cannot give you very detailed information about
our R running --- it is R-2.8.0dev but somehow R.Version() failed
to give svn-details ---

 >R.Version()$version.string
[1] "R version 2.8.0 Under development (unstable) (2006-00-00 r00000)"

but we built this R based on the then devel-version on July 29.

Could you give us a clue in this
Thank you already

Peter

--
Dr. Peter Ruckdeschel, Abteilung Finanzmathematik, F3.17
Fraunhofer ITWM, Fraunhofer Platz 1, 67663 Kaiserslautern
E-Mail :  peter.ruckdeschel at itwm.fraunhofer.de