[Rd] Fitted values with small weights in lm.wfit (PR#11979)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Aug 9 08:22:12 CEST 2008

There is nothing to reproduce here.

Small weights per se are not necessarily a problem, but a very large range
in weights might be, e.g. when computing weighted residuals.  We need a
repoducible example for this 'bug' 'report' to be of any use (and we asked
for one in several places, including the R FAQ).

Note that 'predict' does not give residuals, nor does it use lm.wfit ....

E.g.

set.seed(1)
x <- 1:100
y <- rnorm(100)