[Rd] importing explicitly declared missing values in read.spss (foreign)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 5 06:48:20 CEST 2008

I've put up an experimental version at

http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/R/foreign_0.8-28.1.tar.gz

See the new 'use.missings' argument.  It does what I think should happen
in your example and the other one I tried, but more experience would be
helpful.

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Jeroen Ooms wrote:

Please don't silently excise context -- see the posting guide for the
rights of posters to be quoted fairly (and your usage of my posting fails
to be fair).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk