[Rd] Seqfault, Address 0, track X11() (PR#11231)

liqun.xing at basf.com liqun.xing at basf.com
Wed Apr 23 17:15:13 CEST 2008

Thank you very much for the helps.

However, it happened me on my Solaris OS 9 machine every time as long a=
s I
closed the X11 window regardless how I launched the X11 window using pl=
ot,
edit(dataset) , etc, even I specifically close the device using dev.off=
()
command after I closed the window by clicking the close button.

I will try the pass the DISPLAY and see how it will happen....

Thanks again
Liqun
_______________________________________________________________________=
_______________

Liqun Xing, PhD
Principal Scientist

Phone:  1-919-547-2153
E-mail:  liqun.xing at basf.com
Postal Address:
BASF Plant Science, L.L.C.
26 Davis Drive
Research Triangle Pa, NC, 27709
USA

BASF - The Chemical Company

                                                                       =

                         "Christi                                      =

                         an                                            =

                         Brechb=FCh                                    =
                         ler"             liqun.xing at basf.com          =

                         <brechbu                                      =
 cc
                         ehler at gm         R-bugs at biostat.ku.dk         =

                         ail.com>                                  Subj=
ect
                                          Re: [Rd] Seqfault, Address 0,=

                         04/23/20         track X11() (PR#11231)       =

                         08 10:51                                      =

                         AM                                            =

                                                                       =

                                                                       =

                                                                       =

                                                                       =

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 10:15 PM, <liqun.xing at basf.com> wrote:
> When first time launch X11(), it was fine. However, when closed the X=
11
windon
> by clicking the close button, or closed it off by command Dev.off() a=
nd
launched
> the X11() again, got segfault, and asking for exiting R and other
options.

A) Yes, that happens occasionally; particularly if I forget to call
Dev.off() after closing the window.  Just try it again.
B) Instead of calling x11 without arguments, you could pass DISPLAY,
e.g., x11("localhost:0.0").
C) I've seen that suggestion to exit R.  Usually I ignore it, and
nothing bad happens.

Good luck
/Christian
=