[Rd] R-2.7.0 RC (2008-04-20 r45403) fails fullcheck

apjaworski at mmm.com apjaworski at mmm.com
Mon Apr 21 23:32:54 CEST 2008

Sorry.  I should have looked at the sas.Rout.  Indeed, the network file
cannot be read.

This seems to be the same problem that was happening a couple of versions
ago and had to do with our firewall not allowing certain connections.  The
solution then was to use the --internet2 switch.  The same thing happens
now.  If I do

Rcmd.exe BATCH --internet2 sas.R

it works.  Without --internet2 it does not.  What confused me was that it
works fine from the R console, although I do not use the --internet2 switch
when starting up interactive R (I used to have to do it explicitly in my R
link).  Apparently there is no need for --internet2 in Rgui but there is in
Rcmd, although I am almost sure that I did not see this problem when 2.6
was coming out.

Andy

__________________________________
Andy Jaworski
518-1-01
Process Laboratory
3M Corporate Research Laboratory
-----
E-mail: apjaworski at mmm.com
Tel:  (651) 733-6092
Fax:  (651) 736-3122

             Prof Brian Ripley
             <ripley at stats.ox.
             ac.uk>                                                     To
                                       apjaworski at mmm.com
             04/21/2008 04:05                                           cc
             PM                        R-devel at stat.math.ethz.ch
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Rd] R-2.7.0 RC (2008-04-20
                                       r45403) fails fullcheck

That check needs a (large) file from the internet.  Your symptoms would be
consistent with it being temporarily unavailable.  I would have expected
you to look at sas.Rout to see what happened.