[Rd] package building problem under Windows Vista

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sat Apr 19 15:52:03 CEST 2008

Dear Gabor,

I'm afraid that I don't see a problem in that check log -- just a string of
OKs -- though there is a warning in the log at
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.7/check/tradeCosts-check.log
. Recall, however, that the package builds (and checks) just fine for me
under XP SP2, and that the package fails to build under R 2.6.2 on Vista,
for which there is no warning in the package check.

When you try to build the tradeCosts package *with* the vignettes, do you
get the same file-permission error that I do? Have you been able to build
other packages with both vignettes and namespaces successfully?

Thanks for the suggestions.

John