[Rd] including additional packages in Recommended

Sundar Dorai-Raj sundar.dorai-raj at pdf.com
Tue Apr 15 19:45:03 CEST 2008

Hi, R-devel,

I'm trying to create a modified distribution of R to include several
packages are not part of the CRAN version. I.e. When I untar
R-2.6.2.tar.gz I would like to include my package "foo_1.0-0.tar.gz" in
'src/library/Recommended' so that when a user builds my version of R
they also get my package and don't have to explicitly do
install.packages. I searched the archives looking at ways to change the
Makefile in 'src/library' but came up empty. I suspect the change has to
do with $R_PKGS_BASE though I'm unsure.

Thanks,

--sundar