[Rd] R CMD check should check date in description

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Fri Apr 4 22:54:54 CEST 2008

      What do you think about adding this to section 1.1.1 of "Writing R
Extensions", something like the following, between the paragraphs on
"The 'package' and 'version' fields" and "The 'License' field:

      The optional 'Date' field can be either a fixed date (preferably
in the yyyy-mm-dd format conforming to the ISO standard) or as "Date:
$Date$" or "Date:  $LastChangedDate$" so this field caries the package
build date or last changed date, respectively.

      Spencer