[Rd] CRAN packages with invalid maintainer email addresses

Kurt Hornik Kurt.Hornik at wu-wien.ac.at
Sun Sep 30 20:50:15 CEST 2007

As part of the process for the upcoming release of 2.6.0, we recently
contacted all maintainers of CRAN packages which give R CMD check
warnings or errors for a current prerelease of R 2.6.0.

Emails to the following addresses bounced:

  ernst.glatzer at wu-wien.ac.at
  samuel_mwalili at yahoo.com
  schlath at hsu-hh.de
  j.hadfield at sheffield.ac.uk
  rstrobl at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
  garlipp at mathematik.uni-oldenburg.de
  kaspar.rufibach at stanford.edu
  D.T.JACHO-CHAVEZ at lse.ac.uk
  dmyers at umiacs.umd.edu
  juerg.schmidli at env.ethz.ch
  beat.kaufmann at epfl.ch
  hzou at stanford.edu
  bask at unitus.it
  J.C.Rougier at durham.ac.uk
  ivisser at uva.nl
  ebarrios at wisc.edu
  Jens_Oehschlaegel at truecluster.com

meaning that the packages

  BHH2 JLLprod MarkedPointProcess RandomFields SoPhy MasterBayes Oarray
  depmix edci epsi elasticnet hybridHclust km.ci modehunt ncvar ref
  regtest rindex riv rpart.permutation treeglia vardiag zicounts

are to be considered unmaintained.

If you maintain one of these package, pls do provide an update fixing
the problems indicated on
http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/checkSummary.html, and provide a
valid email address.

If you know how to contact the respective maintainers, pls let me know.

If we receive no new information regarding these packages/maintainers,
we need to start orphaning these packages when 2.6.0 is released.

Best
-k